Sunday, December 7, 2008

Update on my siteground case

Well since the last time I've posted here, I emailed Siteground again, politely asking them for some sort of phone number that I may contact them through and to please release my domain names so that I may switch hosts. Their response was very generic and carefully written. Carefully written in the sense that offered no help but once again stated their positions. They didn't answer my questions or provide me with options. Currently they are refusing to talk to me, they only want to talk to my friend who is also owner of the account. They told me that all future emails will be ignored.

My friend doesn't even have time to email them, that's why I take care of everything when I can. (At least for now because he is very busy.) This is just an easy way for them to get out the situation. They know their cover will be blown. They probably know about this blog, I really wouldn't be surprised. Keep in mind for 6+ months I have been emailing sales@siteground.com, and cust_service@siteground.com, calling, talking via live chat and NOTHING absolutely NOTHING has been resolved.

I'm more than positive they made up the whole "OH Your account had been charged back, that means fraud." Bullcrap! No one charged back the account. They just don't want to offer us service anymore. One live chat rep, told us we wouldn't be getting service from Siteground ever again (this was in September).

-Mike

2 comments:

- said...

Hi,

Siteground is a very very dangerous clever fraud. They lie and cheat very wisely. Indeed site ground is a big web-thief.

They offered one month web hosting by demanding only $1.95 for one month.

I bought it on November 4th, 2009. When it comes to the end of one month, they up grade the service without my consent and charged me $107.40 on December 3, 2009. I should say they stole it from my bank account.

I contact them to refund it. But they wont refund me.

They are indeed big thief.

mahouny said...

Firs of all thank you for this blog.
So bad I didn't found it before I ordered a domain name with siteground.com .I bought one year hosting plan on 16th septebmer, 2009.
My experience was absolutely horrible, my site was hacked many times via server side (shared hosting) Site where down many many times for long period of time, because overloaded server (nor my website) Support is truly awful...

On the beginning of the August 2010 I've informed siteground support that I want move my site to the other hosting provider, because of all those problems.
They answered that it's ok...

When it comes to the end of one month, they charged me $107.40.And now they wont refund me ! They say, that I haven't told them "clearly enough" if I will really move from them, or I just planing to do so...

Now I will ask my bank for the charge-back.
Everybody who's planning to purchase hosting with siteground, STAY AWY FROM THEM !!! Siteground SUCKS !